Description TECH-AIR 10 for motorcycles:
- Tech-Air® 10 is derived from Alpinestars airbag technology adopted by MotoGP riders, Tech-Air® 10 is a slim, self-contained wearable Airbag system that provides unrivaled body protection to riders, track racers and road cyclists by covering the shoulders, chest and back of the rider and hips.
- Tech-Air® 10 can be worn under any Alpinestars Tech-Air® Ready or Tech-Air® compatible leathers or any third party leathers with 4 cm of clearance around the rider's chest circumference and 2 cm of clearance around the circumference of the hips. The additional space for the chest and hips is required to accommodate the inflation of the airbag in the event of an accident.
- The state-of-the-art, wearable Tech-Air® 10 Airbag system features an active electronic system equipped with 12 sensors (3 triaxial accelerometers plus 1 triaxial gyroscope) and a shock detection algorithm that leverages artificial intelligence to accurately monitor when to deploy the airbag in the event of an accident.
- Impact absorption while wearing the airbag results in a decrease in impact force of up to 95% compared to passive protection. When used, the Tech-Air® 10 Airbag System offers the same protection as that provided by 18 back protectors.
- The Tech-Air® 10 has CE Level 2 certification for both the chest and back.
- Upon detection of an accident situation, a protective airbag is activated, providing unrivaled protection to the rider with a maximum inflation time of 40ms.
- The Tech-Air® 10 Airbag System offers an even greater level of comprehensive coverage thanks to the additional protection of the riders' hips and requires 2 argon gas inflators to fill the full volume of the larger airbag when activated in an accident situation . As such, Tech-Air® 10 does not have the dual charge concept like that of the Tech-Air® Race System.
TECH-AIR 10 features for motorcycles:
- A remote wireless LED display indicates the operational status of the airbag.
- The built-in certified lithium-ion battery has a battery life of 24 hours of driving.
- Developed from years of research with the world's best MotoGP riders and Alpinestars customers, data from millions of kilometers and thousands of crashes has been analyzed to continuously improve the intelligent crash detection algorithm.
- The Tech-Air® 10 system is extremely easy to use; just zip up the front and close the belt to activate the Airbag system and you're ready to drive. The internal belt automatically activates the system once it is fastened and secured.
- In Race mode, the Tech-Air® 10 system is only active when driving above approximately 60 km / h (37 mph) for at least 10 seconds. Before such activation or when the pilot's speed constantly drops below this speed for at least 10 seconds, the system is deactivated. This is the standard behavior of the Tech-Air® 10 Airbag system when in Race mode, as it is normal to have quick stops and restarts in driving situations where the rider does not want to deactivate the airbag. In such conditions, it is safer for the driver to have the airbag deactivated automatically by the system to prevent unwanted activation of the airbag.
- The remote wireless LED display can be moved to the pilot arm to easily check system status. The LED display can also be attached to the bike, depending on the rider's preference.
- The Tech-Air® 10 system takes approximately 4 hours to recharge a dead battery with the supplied USB charger. A fully charged battery provides approximately 24 hours of use. If there is limited time available, charging the battery for approximately 1 hour will provide approximately 6 hours of use.
- The airbag itself is breathable, designed with air channels and a perforated rear area that provides airflow to improve rider comfort.
- The Tech-Air® 10 System can be quickly attached to the base layer of Alpinestars Tech-Air® 10 System via easy-to-use side zips; this allows cyclists to replace the base layer between riding sessions if desired.
- The base layer of the Tech-Air® 10 system is hand washable.
- The total weight of the Tech-Air® 10 (system and base layer) is 2,390 g for a medium size.
- Tech-Air® 10 is designed for track and road use and can be used with both RACE and STREET riding modes which feature specific AI crash detection algorithms. The RACE driving mode should only be used for closed circuit driving and should not be used for other types of driving.
- Bluetooth connectivity to a Tech-Air® app provides riders with the operational status of the Air system
- bag, battery status and MyRide travel information.
- Via the Tech-Air® app, riders can also update system firmware when new crash detection algorithms are released.
- There is a dedicated area on the internal belt of the system that acts as a charging base for the remote wireless LED display. A fully charged LED display works for at least 20 hours.
- The system is equipped with a USB charger and a magnetic USB Type-C cable that allows for quick, easy and convenient charging.
- The Tech-Air® 10 system is equipped with an airbag certified for up to three inflations. However, after each activation, when the system is received for service, the Alpinestars Tech-Air® Authorized Service Center will perform an airbag inflation test to see if the airbag was damaged during activation. If the inflation test is passed, confirming that the airbag was not damaged during deployment, the service will only involve the replacement of the gas inflators. If the inflation test fails, the airbag has been damaged during deployment and the system will undergo a full service which will involve replacing the gas inflators and airbag. On the third deployment, the System will necessarily undergo a complete service, with replacement of the gas inflators and the airbag.
|Material / Composition||Fabric|